|Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Jun 23, 2020|
Sales & Marketing Jobs
ne of our clients based in Kenilworth, a wholesale supplier of a variety of rubber products (e.g. rubber flooring, sports flooring, rubber matting) and related products. The company is part of an international group of companies with broad experience and a long history in the business but has the entrepreneurial space to act fully independent and locally market oriented as a true South African company. They are looking for a Sales Representative with the potential and ambition to grow further within the company as the Sales & Operational Manager
The Sales Office is based in Cape Town and in April we will move to a new office location in Kenilworth.
We have outsourced warehouse locations in Cape Town, Johannesburg and Durban.
As we ‘invest’ long-term in products (range & quantity), digital marketing, warehousing & professional office environment, we also ‘invest’ in our staff by anticipating on the further growth. By training, offering growth possibilities and an ambitious and challenging environment to current colleagues; and by timely recruiting new colleagues fitting within the DNA of the company.
Education and skills:
- Matric followed by College or University
- Good communication skills (on the phone, face to face and in writing) in English and Afrikaans
- Experience in SAGE and/or similar accounting systems
- Accounting Admin experiences is a must (Invoices, Quotes, Purchase Orders, VAT, etc)
- Driver’s license and in possession of own transport
- Experience in international logistics (import, export) is a plus
- In the field as a Sales Rep for at least 3 years with responsibility for sales target, acquiring new clients and representing the company
- Management experience by leading & coaching a team is a plus
- Track record within the flooring industry and bringing in a network is a big plus
Successful track-record as a self-motivated, client driven, out of the box and ambitious Sales Rep who wants to win and dares to push his own targets.
This person enjoys the challenge and understands the importance of being a role model as a successful and hands-on Sales Rep in combination with feeling & taking his/her responsibilities in making the team better, setting the standards for a high-performance environment & contributing to the ambitious growth strategy.
Our candidate already has proven experience on these fields but is more important: ambitious, eager to learn, able to create his own vision & opinion and dares to say No, share ideas and take the initiative. Affinity with our range of products and - more in particular – with the flooring industry (indoor, outdoor, sports & leisure) is a big plus and bringing in a network is a huge asset.
An energetic and highly motivated person, being able to establish mutually beneficial partnerships, inspire and connecting people with an eye for finding and creating opportunities. Result driven, no-nonsense but with a touch of humor. An ‘entrepreneurial spirit’ is what describes the candidate we are looking for.
What do we offer?
- Be part of and giving the opportunity for a leading role in an ambitious, young and fast-growing company: success inspires and motivates
- A nationwide presence in South Africa in combination with an international character towards suppliers (import) and Group of Companies in Europe
Responsibilities as (Senior) Sales Representative:
- Pro-active sales of products from our portfolio to specified target groups in the wholesale and retail market
- Building and developing strong long-term relationships with customers and executive sponsors (a trusted advisor relationship). From a trusted-advisor role, able to negotiate, make decisions and open new doors
- Is familiar with (and constantly searching for self-development) talking with and advising customers about the different features and applicability of our products
- Operate as the lead point of contact for all matters specific to our customers. Ensures the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs, objectives and deadlines. Liaise between customers and internal teams of the company
- Communicate clearly the progress of weekly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders with efficient record keeping of the client database
- Research and identification of prospective new business opportunities in South Africa, collaborate with internal teams to ensure growth attainment and generate new business
- Show and act with an entrepreneurial spirit, being self-driven, energetic, committed, confident and ambitious; externally and internally