|Location||Durban, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Feb 12, 2021|
The purpose of this position is to work with the PI on the Hypertension study and managing all aspects of the social science programmes in the study. The incumbent will also be involved in new studies working with collaborators and PIs as required. Successful candidate will be required to contribute to the strategic progress of the department and the development of junior staff members This position is primarily based in Somkhele campus
1. PhD in a relevant social science or health science topic e.g. sociology, social or public policy, public health, psychology), or equivalent research experience.
1. 5 years’ postdoctoral research experience gained in a relevant work setting or research training environment.
2. Experience in qualitative data collection and analysis.
3. Experience in writing progress reports for supervisors/project team. Self-directed independent research experience.
4. Experience in implementation science theory and application.
5. Good verbal and written communication skills in English and IsiZulu
6. A good understanding of formative research and process evaluation
7. Demonstrable ability to deliver research outcomes on time will be an added advantage.
8. Demonstrable ability to communicate complex material clearly will be an added advantage.