|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Sep 15, 2020|
- To manage the Learning Eco-system, including all Learning Technologies required to drive digitisation of learning and development, to enable people to effectively manage learning and developments as a function in Standard Bank Group (SBG). Collaborate with stakeholders to implement best practice processes and governance frameworks to support learning and development teams across SBG. Develop and deliver accurate learning reporting for compliance and enable data driven decision making
- Manage all learning data sources across all the enterprise learning platforms and learning systems. Ensure that all data sources are properly identified, monitored and governed through the necessary guidelines and processes. Drive the achievement of comprehensive and accurate data sets.
- Develop and deliver detailed reports inclusive of analytics, metrics, trends regarding the Learning ecosystem across the enterprise and share findings and recommendations with various stakeholders to drive compliance and change, and to support data driven decision making.
- Establish data governance frameworks in line with the group strategy and develop data policies , standards and practices; develop and promulgate data frameworks to ensure the availability, usability, integrity and security of learning data.
- Lead and collaborate with the learning community to drive strict adherence and alignment to Group Learning minimum standards for learning reporting.
- Collaborate with business on their requirement to meet regulatory targets for training spend.
- Review recommendations from the development team for the use of third-party resources and propose options based on budgetary and delivery considerations.
- Drive the adherence to all related vendor management policies, processes and systems.
- Review all third-party learning spend for design, development or delivery of training regularly. Determine if vendor performance is in line with contractual commitments and review samples of participant feedback. Work with the learning operations team to institute any penalty clauses for below par delivery.
- Collaborate with other learning colleagues, under the guidance of learning operations, in developing a preferred suppliers list for learning and development. Participate in the development of technical specifications of tender documents and in selection panels for vendors that will service the supported business area.
- Ensure that all parts of the supported business line understand the learning and development policy, process and governance standards. This includes human capital partners, line managers, cost centre owners and employees.
- Monitor the adherence of learning teams to group standards and create corrective actions for any deviations.
- Monitor adherence to business area(s) service level agreements and address shortcomings as applicable.
- Build and maintain relationships with designated partners and teams to ensure ongoing confidence and trust. Coordinate relationships with stakeholder groups and associates, this includes embedded teams and country teams. Engage HC business partners as part of the research and information gathering processes.
- Understand, and remain abreast of, the current and future skill requirements and commercial learning landscapes.
- Ensure that all relevant stakeholders across the learning value chain in country are aware of the required governance standards.
- Inform stakeholders on learning developments and the implications thereof. Embed this knowledge through knowledge-sharing engagements with relevant stakeholders.
- Provide guidance and expertise to country stakeholders, with respect to the strategic, core, and enabling learning organisation capabilities.
- Lead engagement with identified stakeholders and vendors to support them to craft appropriate learning experiences.
- Receive, investigate and monitor escalated queries and action accordingly. Allocate appropriate resources when trends are identified in order to maintain sound stakeholder relationships.
- Engage with learning community in country to ensure that learning from country aligned to the learning strategy; i.e. drive consistency across the learning teams.
Risk, Regulatory, prudential and Compliance
- Drive adherence to Compliance requirements across the learning function.
- Collect and collate data required for all regulatory reporting, ensuring that the data is reliable and that reports are produced as per require timelines and formats to ensure that the bank remains compliant.
- Monitor and report on adherence to learning policies, processes, frameworks and toolkits across the enterprise to drive compliance and consistency
- Closely collaborate with the Human Capital and business community to analyse current and future business area(s) specific learning and reporting needs as well as functional requirements based on sector, product and client segment, aligned to the business area(s) strategy and associated business outcomes.
- Understand, and remain abreast of, the current and future skill regulatory landscape.
- Link learning objectives to the Standard Bank strategy, and recommend appropriate learning metrics to drive alignment and adherence.
- Identify Group core and universal learning technologies to supplement the business specific learning initiatives
- Co-create the business area(s)'s annual learning programme/dashboard as well as the longer term (2-3 year) learning approach.
- Identify where the same learning requirements sit across business areas. Engage with Group Learning and leverage off frameworks to drive reporting design and deliver efficiencies across multiple areas.
- Support the implementation of the business area(s) learning vision and embed a culture of learning within the business area(s).
Manage own delivery effectively and in line with expectations and agreed standards.
Technology and Architecture
- Formulate clear objectives to achieve the business outcomes in the context of the current learning technology landscape and the needs of the learner.
- Review learning process, identify opportunities for improvement and drive process optimisation and automation across the enterprise learning ecosystem to support the organisational digitisation objective and to support efficiency and consistency across the bank.
- Design, set up and curate content for all learning technology, taking into account the various end user segments across the enterprise and ensuring that it is in line with group standards and Corporate Identity to enable a positive user experience of the technology.
- Identify potential new technologies in the learning and development environment and develop the business case for the acquisition of the technology to ensure that SBG is able to provide a world-class learning experience for its employees.
- Support the local human capital colleagues in localising and implementing group learning systems, frameworks and initiatives to ensure that solutions that are delivered are relevant to the different contexts while adherent to group standards
Preferred Qualification and Experience
Minimum Qualification: First Degree in Information Technology
Other Minimum Qualifications, certifications or professional memberships:
Certification in Data Analytics, Data Governance, internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence etc.
Post Graduate Degree in Information Technology
3-4 Years of a technology platform experience (e.g. Learning Management System â€“ LMS). THis includes identifying the ideal vendor, managing the customisation and implementation thereof.
3-4 Years Experience in analysing data and providing insights to diverse stakeholder groups
Total number of years’ experience: 8 years
Organization Change Management
Defining and managing the process of deploying and integrating IT capabilities into the business in a way that is sensitive to, and fully compatible with, business operations.
Learning & Development Implementation
The ability to translate learning strategies into practical implementation actions and the monitoring of progress against these plans.
Awareness of the Software Dev Life Cycle
Knowledge and understanding of the standards and phases of implementing new systems or software.
Ability to analyse statistics and other data, interpret and evaluate results, and create reports and presentations for use by others.
The ability to ensure the accuracy and consistency of data for the duration that the data is stored as well as preventing unintentional alterations or loss of data.
Learning and Technology
The ability to use the functionality available in learning technology tools including the learning management system, assessment tools, content development tools and social media applications used for learning.