|Location||Pretoria, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Feb 3, 2021|
Market & Customer Research Jobs
- he Specialist: Policy Investigation is responsible for providing assistance in developing policy advice to the Minister of Science and Technology on matters of innovation within the field of biotechnology and Research Infrastructure
Scoping out new studies
- Conduct background research on allocated projects
- Identify priority areas for investigation based on allocated focus area.
- Develop the ideas into a systematic outline of plan and prepare draft terms of reference
Consultation and networking with stakeholders
- Participate in knowledge networks linked to the functioning of the National System of Innovation
- Conduct interviews with relevant stakeholders on approved projects
- Host workshop / conference for consultation on allocated projects
- Coordinate, facilitate and support project teams in relation to meeting arrangements, meeting documentation, etc.
- Facilitate stakeholder inputs on projects
- Draft progress report on the projects for Council and Exco.
Facilitate the outsourcing of commissioned research
- Draft TOR and facilitate the appointment of service provider through SCM processes
- Facilitate the signing of SLA through Legal Services and monitor the progress of projects
- Provide timely information and advice to the contracted service provider
- Draft advice letter to the Minister that provides strategic policy inputs based on the research study.
- Circulation of the letter for inputs by various stakeholders (project team, Exco, Council)
- Three years relevant experience in policy environment or related
- A National Diploma / Bachelors degree in Science Engineering / Economics