|Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Sep 18, 2020|
- To ensure the achievement of the stores financial performance by driving and maximizing sales, tracking daily targets, weekly and monthly sales plans and proactively taking appropriate action as required.
- To efficiently manage and control all operational activities of the store, including expenses, stock management, shrinkage, general housekeeping and administration.
- To successfully manage in-store execution of all visual merchandising, ensuring that in-store presentation and promotional standards are maintained and that the appearance of the store is in line with the brand image.
- To ensure competent and motivated employees through effective selection, leadership, management and on-going development in order to build capacity and capability to meet current and future business needs.
- To adequately schedule staff in line with the Group's labour policy and the relevant labour model in order to ensure each department is fully and appropriately staffed.
- To ensure all administrative responsibilities are attended to in an efficient manner, including ensuring weekly time and attendance and employee records are complete and submitted to HR.
- To execute customer service initiatives in store and take corrective action that results in a great customer experience, drives customer loyalty and achieves club card participation targets.
- To build and maintain sound working relationships with relevant stakeholders (centre managers, suppliers, DC’s) to ensure business objectives are achieved and opportunities are maximised.
- To maintain an awareness of customer trends, demographics and needs and monitor the activity of local competitors in order to capitalise on opportunities.
- To drive cohesion, consistency and integration between the store operation, pharmacy and clinic teams.
- To drive a high performing business culture that delivers employee affiliation, customer satisfaction and shareholder value.
- To support the Group’s vision to be the customer’s first choice health and beauty retailer by living and driving the company values.
- Sound understanding and application of financial management principles
- Strong retail/FMCG background and understanding of merchandising and promotions principles
- Knowledge of stock, cost, risk and compliance management procedures
- Knowledge of Customer service excellence
- Knowledge of labour legislation and IR practices
- Knowledge of competency based interviewing
- Sound managerial skills
- Results and target driven
- Planning and organising skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong customer orientation
- Good communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Strong financial acumen
- Leading and Supervising
- Planning and Organising
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking
- Deciding and Initiating Action
- Working with people
- Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a store management role within a retail/FMCG store operations environment with experience managing a sizeable staff compliment
- Financial management experience (budgets, profit and loss statements, financial ratios, etc.)
- Essential: Grade 12 (Maths 50% and English 50%)
- Essential: B. Degree or Diploma (retail / finance management, pharmacy or related) (External applicants)