Cape Town, South Africa
Oct 23, 2020
Responsible for retrieving, organising, and presenting information and insights that enables the business to make informed data-driven decisions. Use experience in data analytics, business analysis and reporting in collaboration with functional experts to streamline data collection and data management. Develop, implement and execute reporting protocols that supports continuous improvements in operational and business performance.
- Relevant qualification i.e. B Com, Information Systems or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Reporting, data mining and data analysis experience
- Ability to collect and interpret data from multiple sources, and present in a meaningful, clear & concise manner.
- Ability to draw insights from data analytics, summarize findings and make recommendations for improvements
- Microsoft Advanced Excel (essential with experience using graphs, pivot tables), PowerPoint (essential), Word (desirable).
- Woolworths Systems (Desirable): CFE, FPI, LARS, Oracle, Data Warehouse
- Data visualization tools experience beneficial
- Ability to engage at all levels of our business and external stakeholders.
- Ability to lead/influence a team.
- Demonstrate strategic intent and holistic approach.
- An analytical mind and inclination for problem-solving
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong focus on quality and attention to detail
- Good time management and ability to manage multiple requests/tasks
- Planning and organisational ability
- Continuous Improvement mindset
- Strong customer focus
- Strong Leadership skills
- Designing and maintaining data systems and databases; this includes fixing errors and other data-related problems.
- Mining data from primary and secondary sources, then reorganising said data in a format that can be easily read by either human or automated for future applications.
- Market Intelligence: relate insights to local, national, and global trends that impact our organisation and the industry.
- Preparing reports for leadership that effectively communicate trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data related to key metrics and KPIs
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities for process improvements, recommend system modifications, and develop policies for data governance.
- Creating appropriate documentation that allows stakeholders to understand the steps of the data analysis process.
- Contribute to Technology strategy to ensure the team is future-fit and supports business continuity.
- Manage governance, compliance and risk related to information management and data integrity
- Influencing the procurement, configuration, and implementation of new systems to enable the required business reporting outcomes
- Support the business with report and data queries and manage end-to-end resolution of issues by engaging with all stakeholders
Only registered members can apply for jobs.