- Relevant qualification i.e. BSc Food Science, BTech (Food Technology), BSc Agriculture
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Proven cross-functional work experience across the supply chain
- Ability to travel frequently to neighbouring African countries
- Experienced individual with sound technical skills across food supply chain.
- Technical experience in protein (meat and poultry) and/or agricultural industries, preferred
- Ability to engage at all levels of our business and external stakeholders.
- Ability to lead/influence a team.
- Demonstrate strategic intent and holistic approach.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving ability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong focus on quality and attention to detail
- Good time management and ability to manage multiple requests/tasks
- Planning and organisational ability
- Continuous Improvement mindset
- Strong customer focus
- Strong Leadership skills
- Driven entrepreneurial and merchant mind set to grow the business and supplier base
- Experience of technical processes, principles and import / export legislation, preferred
- Development and implementation of a in-country suppliers; with a focus on protein, produce, dairy and bakery categories
- Provide operational support to the Africa Team for technical related matters
- Develop, implement and execute a technical strategy for suppliers, legislators, industry organisations and other relevant stakeholders for all applicable markets
- Ensure compliance to
- Establish and manage effective Food Safety & Quality protocols to ensure compliance to product specifications, Woolworths policies, Brand Integrity Plan and guidelines, industry standards and regulations
- Verification of compliance through monitoring and evaluation processes including; testing, audits and reviews for each country
- Establish and maintain partnerships with key stakeholders in the various markets i.e suppliers, government, testing and research organisations
- Liaise with suppliers and food technologists within the WW Foods Group to leverage knowledge and support related to product, process and technological information
- Management of technical information and documentation required for export, including certificates, permits, CoA, etc.
- Understand and ensure adherence to Woolworths’ Technical requirements and Good Business Journey (GBJ) across all products
- Understand and identify the technical and compliance requirements for exporting / importing food products per country and align with existing food technology processes
- Collaborate with Product Development Teams in key categories to expand product selection and in-country sourcing
- Assess, communicate, and provide possible solutions to mitigate risk related to Food Safety & Quality across the supply chain for all products.
Only registered members can apply for jobs.