|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Sep 17, 2020|
Sales & Marketing Jobs
• Refer and acquire sign-off relating to matters falling outside of own authority, in accordance with authority matrix.
• Adherence at all times to the authority matrix, departmental protocols and procedures, including Underwriting Governance provisions.
• Detailed explanations regarding changes with respect to terms/ underwriting stance.
• Ensure Broker interaction (face-to-face or virtually) to discuss renewals and new business with a focus to build relationships and develop market presence.
• Feedback on market intelligence.
Client Liaison (Internal and External)
• Respond to queries and resolve to the satisfaction of the affected parties within the scope of authority and / or responsibility.
• Prepare for and attend meetings.
• Meet budget responsibility for a book of business.
• Monitor renewals, lapsed policies and new business with monthly report back.
• Ensure we maintain a 2.5% Cancellation Reserve
• Provide strategic input for relevant business area if and when required.
• Mentor and provide technical training of current and new Team Members if and when required.
• Follow up on quotations and renewals.
• Sign and check policy documentation.
• Handle accounts queries.
• Assist with credit control if and when required.
• Production and / or sign-off of reports within stipulated timeframes.
• Attend to daily administrative routine tasks in accordance with organisational standards, processes and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• BCom in Insurance and Risk Management/ BCom Law/ BCom Engineering/ BSc Geology
• Must be FAIS compliant
• 3 years Liability underwriting experience alternatively 5 years Insurance Specialty experience (This is not a trainee position.)
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Administrative Skills
• Analysis and Judgement
• GREAT Attention to Detail
• Client Orientation
• Communication Skills including negotiation
• Managing work and delegation
• Time Management and working under significant pressure
• Systematic and Logical/Critical Thinking
• Technical proficiency and proven underwriting track record in relevant line(s) of business
• Financial Acumen
• Track record for handling high pressure work environment
• Computer Literacy
• Strong Communication Skills (Internal & external)