|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Sep 18, 2020|
To provide specialist support to ensure that utility recovery ratios are accurate and optimised and to take responsibility for billing, query, financial and supplier management for their assigned portfolio.
- To review recovery ratios ensuring that ratios are maintained and optimised where possible (monthly review of utility management performance reporting for each property flagging potential issues with service providers and internal stakeholders).
- To ensure the optimal and accurate recovery tariff allocation in line with the Company's agreed billing methodologies.
- To review the accurate allocation of supply, metering and expenses to consumers and ensure all consumption is accounted for.
- To ensure all tenant and billing related queries are addressed timeously.
- To provide specialist and/or technical support related to utility management to property management teams where needed.
- To track utility management service provider performance to ensure services are delivered as per service level agreements and address and resolve non-performance.
- To assist Property Administration with technical query resolution.
- To ensure that all recovery liability information remain up-to-date and is timeously provided to the service provider by the relevant departments.
- To ensure the accurate allocation of recoveries (based on liability information) by the appointed utility management service provider.
- To prepare and provide monthly performance reporting to the business.
- To interact with utility analyst to understand improvement opportunities.
- Understanding of Utility management (especially within the context of recovery of utilities within multi-tenanted properties).
- Metering and verification principles.
- Electrical distribution systems and energy fundamentals.
- Municipal utility tariffs.
- Regulatory principles and requirements about the supply and recovery of electricity, water and sewer services.
- Knowledge of: Electricity, water and waste management principles.
- Senior Certificate (with Mathematics and Accounts as a subject preferred).
- A tertiary qualification is beneficial.
- At least 3 years’ experience of utility management