Arthur B. Dye
Germiston, Gauteng, South Africa § +27 (0)79-942-1573
Name: Arthur Bertram Dye
Last Job Title: Engineering, Operations and Maintenance Manager
Last Employed at Virtual Gas Network
Home Address: 18 Franschoek Estate, Jacoba Rd.
As an experienced hands-on operations management professional with a solid history of success in the mining, gas, petrochemical, and utility industry, I write today to inquire to be considered for any mechanical positions that suit my skills.
I am immediately available and will appreciate to be considered for any of the following positions: Supervisor, Coordinator, Foreman, Projects or Managerial.
As you will note in the attached Resume, I offer a vision-driven approach to decision making, strategic planning, and tactical implementation that I am excited to bring to your team. I am used to working internationally and familiar with total project life cycles from receipt of RFQ, site visits and meeting with clients, job scoping, determining of BOQ’s, BOM’s, resource and material Planning, Work Breakdown Structures, Compilation of Procurement specifications for local and international suppliers(Dealt with Inia, UK,USA, Italy, China), raising RFQ’s, writing sub-contractor SOW’s, Services RFQ’s(Typical services that I sub-contracted in: civil-, NDE, AIA, Transportation, crainage and logistics), bid and tender receipt and evaluation for best price/quality/delivery time/warrantees/after-sales services/ability to meet specifications, raising and award of contracts and PO’s, material receipt, inspection, warehousing with stacking and storage, issue and control of material, contractor and contract management, Kick Off, Site Meeting and inspection, audits, SHEQ, WPS’s, PQR’s, Welder Qualification, Data Packs, QCP’s/FTP’s, COM, COC, MC, RFC, RFO, Iso’s, Squad Checks, AFC’s, Weldmaps, Redlines, As-builts, EOJ documents, Milestone and activity payments, NCR’s, RCAT, Incident Investigation, Preventive and Corrective measures. This was typically applied to contracts involving in-plant and cross country pipelines, vessels, storage units, tanks, reactors, heat exchangers, drums etc.
I also have the following skills, which I can apply on demand as required, namely to strive for 100% accuracy by being meticulous, compilation of business reports in Word or Excel, combined with more than 25 years SHEQ Management and Implementation on ISO Safety, Quality and Environmental Standards, Technical Operations, Maintenance and Project Management experience, Project Scoping, Planning and costing, Control of Payment and Activity schedules, milestones, travelling to sites and site management/control locally and abroad, as well as sales and commercial experience. Estimation, Compilation and tender preparation, tender submission and presentation and bid clarification, signing of contracts, contract award, contract management and Presentations up to Exco level. Supply chain management. Strong NEC3 background. Full knowledge of BCEA and LRA in HR. I did a modern SHEQ course through IRCA that is similar to SAMTRAC. Part of my duties was to oversee facilities, maintenance and projects in most of my career.
My career history demonstrates my outstanding communication and leadership skills as well as my reputation for being organised and dependable. Further, my record of leadership has resulted in measurable benefit to companies like Virtual Gas Network, Sasol, and CST29.
- Zero RCR in my departments in all the years that I have been in a Management position. I believe it is because everything that I initiate is based on a Risk-based approach.
- Management, coordination and practical supervision of Planning, scheduling, personnel training, warehouse stock inventory , ordering and availability of equipment, tools and spares and Preventive Maintenance of Equipment to OEM Specifications.
- Minimising breakdowns and downtime by ensuring money, men, material and machinery to get work done in the shortest possible turn- around time. Use of Red Seal qualification as Fitter & Turner to be hands-on when it comes to Maintenance and respond to call-outs and breakdowns.
- First-hand experience in ISO 9001; ISO 14001 and OHSas 18001 implementation and compliance and Construction Regulations.
- Identification of critical stock and stock carrying volumes required to ensure minimum required stock is on hand for maintenance and breakdowns
- Nine years mining experience, out of more than 30 years combined experience in mining, food, gas and petro-chemical environments. I also have expertise in hottapping and linestopping plus pipeline construction and repairs.
- In-depth knowledge of Quality and QC Data Packs and FTP’s/QCP’s for welding to ASMEIX; ASME B31.8; SANS 347 and PER requirements.
- An extensive background in developing and overseeing personnel who equal and beat established objectives and standards.
- A strong ability to create and execute programs and initiatives that improve business operations, as well as implementation of Policies and Procedures and ensuring compliance by personnel.
- I am involved hands-on when it comes to solving equipment and project constraint problems
I look forward to speaking with you and learning more about a position. Until then, thank you for your time and consideration.
Arthur B, Dye
|Last Resume Update||Sep 28, 2020|
|Address||Germiston, South Africa|