Skilled Network/Desktop Support Administrator with 15+ years of success in a variety of computer operating systems, applications, and hardware support. Analytical and adept at resolving complex network issues. Critical thinker who addresses customer support issues quickly and who consistently exceeds performance standards.
|Last Resume Update||Mar 26, 2020|
|Address||boksburg, South Africa|
Network/Desktop Support Administrator
• Administered support service requests, handling daily technical support activities on desktop hardware and software issues.
• Implemented new network solutions to optimize efficiency and security on Cisco routers, Cisco switches and wireless access points.
• Maximized network performance through ongoing LAN/WAN and internet monitoring, troubleshooting and resolving any technical issues.
• Ensured that support work is carried out within agreed service levels and in accordance to relevant stakeholders.
• Evaluated and installed computer hardware, operating system software and software applications.
• Created, modified and deleted groups, computers and users in Active Directory and managed MS outlook user accounts.
• Coordinated and executed preventative maintenance and remedial repairs on switches, computers, laptops, printers, and peripherals in order to minimize downtime.
• Identified potential technical changes and system improvements and presented them to senior management for consideration and implementation using cost effective approach.
• Worked independently in troubleshooting and providing solutions to unresolved network, hardware and software problems through trouble-ticket system.
• Collaborated with vendors to evaluate the new technology that is available and make recommendations to management.
• Ensured threat protection with current antivirus updates.
• Developed and managed effectively professional working relationships with contractor personnel, co-workers and clients.
• Occasionally assisted with Training material development and conducted user training.
IT Support Technician
• Provided basic network support by ensuring desktop and other networked peripherals fully connect.
• Installed, upgraded, supported and troubleshoot operating system software and software applications, hardware and other applications as assigned by superiors.
• Accurately documented instances of desktop equipment or component failures, repairs, installations, and removals.
• Assisted end-users in using new and existing technology.
• Performed general preventative maintenance tasks on computers, laptops, printers and any other authorized equipment.
• Supported network e-mail functions; establishing mail boxes and user accounts.
• Ensured desktop threat protection with current antivirus software updates.
• Assisted in implementing any operating system or application program roll out and migration for over 250 users.
• Neatly and correctly cabled and connected the plant network facilities during expansions.
Help Desk Analyst
• Provided technical support over the phone to all IT users.
• Handled incoming incidents via the phone / e-mail promptly and effectively.
• Diagnosed and resolved a wide range of IT technical issues over the phone.
• Took ownership of a call and saw it through to closure.
• Escalated calls and issues where necessary to superiors and kept customers updated as to progress.
• Ensured that all call details are captured and entered in the logging software.
• Answered and responded to all calls and requests within agreed time scales.
• Provided troubleshooting and configuration support for clients’ desktop and network environment remotely.
Bachelor of Science Information Systems
Routing & Switching